I’ll be honest, I can’t believe I’ve made it this long. Today, since we’re half way through this challenge, I thought I’d quickly reflect on what I’ve learned, felt, seen.
- Ideas are everywhere. I used to think “I don’t have anything to say” or “I don’t know what to write about”, so I wouldn’t write. But now, I’ll be driving to school and see someone driving like an idiot and think “blog post: bad drivers in Alabama”. During conversations, exercising, or making lunch, I think of topics. It’s made me appreciate every little thing around me.
- Sidenote, I’m thankful for Trello which I use to organize my ideas and keep track of them. It’s a website and an app on your phone. Check it out!
- The blogging community is incredible. Yesterday, for example, I shared a frustration I’m having with a student. I got so many comments offering suggestions and ideas, but most importantly, encouragement. Sonja Schulz‘s comment made me tear up. I read it again today before the class with said student, and I made it through. Even on happy days, it is SO amazing to read the feedback from fellow bloggers. I feel so much more confident as a writer. So, thank you, everyone who has read, and especially commented on, my blog! 🙂
- I have more time than I think. Usually, I tell myself I do not have enough time to do yoga, or write a blog post, or read my book…turns out I’m lying to myself. I do have time if I make time. All it requires is a goal and the motivation to actually follow through on it. I swear, despite being out of town for 11 days this month, I WILL write every. single. day. Even if it’s an extremely short post from the WordPress app on my phone. I will do it. I must.
- There are some awesome people writing blogs that I didn’t know about! This has been a great opportunity to expand my reading list. I follow many blogs on my Feedly reader, and I’m excited to find so many more to add.
I feel like there’s more, but that’s all I can come up with now. It’s time to start prepping dinner, feed and walk the dogs, make my sub plans for Thursday and Friday, and maybe squeeze in some yoga…since I do have the time.
Happy Tuesday, folks!
I’m trying to write for 31 days straight with the Slice of Life challenge from Two Writing Teachers. Wish me luck!!