Today is National “I want you to be happy day”, did you know that? I didn’t.
I’m not really sure what that means or why it is a day, but let’s roll with it.
Some deep (or not) thoughts on this day and some things that make me happy:
- If we wanted others to be happy every day, our world would be a much different place. (sigh)
- 700+ of our 3000 students went to support our Varsity Boys Basketball team in the final four. It was really happy…until we lost in double overtime. 😦
- Because a ton of my kids were out today, I have gotten a TON of work done, so now I’m feeling very productive and significantly less stressed!
- It’s another rainy, grey day, but I’m snuggled up on the couch preparing to read a book and drinking a cup of tea, which is basically my personal heaven.
- After reading, I’ll be ready to make some homemade blueberry muffins (recipe here–but I use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream) and dinner.
- I’m making the muffins to take on a little road trip this weekend to the Alabama Horse Fair, which I’m very excited about. Not only are some of my friends exhibiting their skills this weekend, but I’ll also get to see one of my favorite trainers: Dan James.
- Speaking of the horse fair, you know what I love? The smell of a warm horse on a chilly day. Mmmm. If you love horses, you know what I’m talking about.
- My dog Wanda is currently snuggled up beside me, keeping my left hip warm, and she couldn’t be any cuter than she is right now. (Granted, my other dog, Kosmo, is running around like the crazy little mutt he is, asking for his dinner…an hour early).
Well, that’s all I’ve got for today.
What makes YOU happy? Because I want you to be happy today (and every other day). 🙂
I’m trying to write for 31 days straight with the Slice of Life challenge from Two Writing Teachers.