Today is National “I want you to be happy day”, did you know that? I didn’t.
I’m not really sure what that means or why it is a day, but let’s roll with it.
Some deep (or not) thoughts on this day and some things that make me happy:
- If we wanted others to be happy every day, our world would be a much different place. (sigh)
- 700+ of our 3000 students went to support our Varsity Boys Basketball team in the final four. It was really happy…until we lost in double overtime. 😦
- Because a ton of my kids were out today, I have gotten a TON of work done, so now I’m feeling very productive and significantly less stressed!
- It’s another rainy, grey day, but I’m snuggled up on the couch preparing to read a book and drinking a cup of tea, which is basically my personal heaven.
- After reading, I’ll be ready to make some homemade blueberry muffins (recipe here–but I use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream) and dinner.
- I’m making the muffins to take on a little road trip this weekend to the Alabama Horse Fair, which I’m very excited about. Not only are some of my friends exhibiting their skills this weekend, but I’ll also get to see one of my favorite trainers: Dan James.
- Speaking of the horse fair, you know what I love? The smell of a warm horse on a chilly day. Mmmm. If you love horses, you know what I’m talking about.
- My dog Wanda is currently snuggled up beside me, keeping my left hip warm, and she couldn’t be any cuter than she is right now. (Granted, my other dog, Kosmo, is running around like the crazy little mutt he is, asking for his dinner…an hour early).
Well, that’s all I’ve got for today.
What makes YOU happy? Because I want you to be happy today (and every other day). 🙂
I’m trying to write for 31 days straight with the Slice of Life challenge from Two Writing Teachers.
16 thoughts on “Nat’l I Want you to Be Happy Day #SOL16 Day 3”
This is so fun! I know so very little about horses. Enjoy your fun this weekend!
Thanks! More horse posts coming this weekend, so you can learn a little more. 🙂
Oh my goodness. I love that smell of horses too. I just breathe them, nose pressed to their necks. Thanks for reminding me of this.
Yes! It can’t be beat! 🙂
love your happy post–and all of those things sound great–but your pup wins the award for most happy thing induced by adorableness!
LikeLiked by 1 person
It’s so easy to forget all the little things that add up to the state of “happy”! I’m currently enjoying my lap-warmer, aka my cat Sydney, while I type. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
There is nothing better than a sweet dog snuggling up next to you sharing their warmth! I wrote about my dog today too! She makes me smile each day. 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
So true! I’ll have to see what you had to say about your pup. They definitely warm my heart daily, even though they can drive me nuts. 🙂
Oh my I use the same Blueberry Muffin recipe….I stick with the sour cream, but now I will try Greek Yogurt!. I am happy. My happy moments are spending entire days engaged with my kids. I love spending time with them.
It’s the best, isn’t it? In the past I’ve tried a few variations: half white/half wheat flour, coconut oil instead of vegetable oil. They turned out okay (I definitely ate most of them), but they weren’t as fluffy and amazing. If I’m feeling particularly “healthy”, then I make them with the relatively healthy substitutes, but when I just want deliciousness, I go with the original (besides the yogurt of course!).
Your weekend sounds fun. And the muffins-delicious! Happy smells!
Oh they are! I highly recommend them 🙂
Your first bullet point—so true. If only we all wanted everyone to be happy! Sorry you all lost the game, too. That’s too bad. Sounds like you had a productive day!
Yeah, it was a real mood-buster, but hopefully the team will be in good spirits tomorrow!