I love music. I cannot get through my day without it. I start my tunes as soon as I sit down at my desk and keep them going all day unless I have a call or a meeting.
Then after work I sometimes listen to it while I cook dinner or just before Casey gets home from work.
After dinner I listen while I read and I even while I do yoga. I listen to music until minutes before I go to bed.
And I have different playlists for each portion of my day.
Early morning: (tunes to distract me and chill me out)
- On Spotify: Fiddle Tunes
- Current Favorite Song: Calliope Meets Frank
- On Spotify: French Mornings
- Current Favorite Song: C’est Si Bon
- On Pandora: (Shuffled Stations) Classical for Studying + Aly Bain + 2 Cellos Radio + The Piano Guys Radio + Yo Yo Ma
- Current Favorite Song: Ashoken Farewell
Mid-late morning: (tunes to wake me up and get me moving)
- On Spotify: Arab Pop (or my personally curated list)
- Current Favorite Song: Alba Ya Alba and Ahwak
- On Pandora: Soca Radio
- Current Favorite Song: Mr. Fete and Dip & Roll
After Lunch: (depends on my mood)
- On Pandora: Motown Radio
- Current Favorite Song: Ha, I can’t choose just one!!!
- On Apple Music: Spanish Playlist
- Current Favorite Song: Ultima Vez (Julieta Venegas)
Evening: (depends on if I’m dancing, cooking, reading, or doing yoga)
- Any of the above playlists OR a combo of the following
- On Pandora: (Shuffle Stations) Keith Whitley Radio + Old School Country + Women of Country
- Current Favorite Song: Paint me a Birmingham or Meet Me in Montana
- On Spotify: Piano Yoga or Sunrise Yoga
- On Apple Music: Curated Mellow Playlist (DMB, Dispatch, Mulligan Brothers, Mumford & Sons, Birdie, etc.)
- Seek Up (DMB) or Rescue (Lauren Dagle) or Road that Leads Me Home (Mulligan Brothers)
- On Apple Music: Hame Sweet Hame (fiddle music + classic Scottish bag pipes + jigs & reels for reading)
- Mull of Kintyre and Scroll in the Woods
Honestly, it’s hard to choose favorites, hence why I say “current” favorite song, because that could change quickly. I just love music so much and I don’t listen to things I don’t like, thus I like most of it!!
Send music recs my way! My list is pretty diverse (and this doesn’t cover all of my playlists across all of the music streaming options), but I’m always happy to add to my list!