It’s been just 13 days short of a year since school closed down and Pandemic life began. Last year’s March SOL was darn near a lifesaver and I’m happy to be back at it this year.
So, let’s see, what’s happened in the last (approximately) 330 days?
- Wanda became extra attached to us thanks to our being home 24/7 and Kosmo’s absence.
- We went back to school two weeks later than usual:
- Wearing face masks–man I got so tired speaking all day! (I had seven periods!)
- On a staggered schedule–so I saw half of my kids M/Th and the other half T/F. Unlike many of my colleagues, I loved it!
- With tiny classes. Even when we went to a full time schedule my biggest class had 17 people!
- I have not been home to see my family since December 2019.
- My sister and her youngest daughter came to visit in June, but other than that, it’s been SO long since I saw my whole family.
- I am meeting that same sister and niece at the beach in just less than four weeks and I CANNOT WAIT.
- I worked my butt off trying to get a new job.
- I probably applied to 80+ jobs
- I took courses to upskill
- I attended networking events (online, obviously)
- I worked on my resume and portfolio
- I had several contract jobs
- One training teachers in Hawaii
- One working for a former student to help him build the education side of his new financial business
- One for Instructure/Canvas building courses
- One for Eduscape as an instructional designer…
- I landed a NEW FULL TIME JOB with Eduscape as a Senior Learning Leader (much more on this to come!)
- I quit teaching!
Anyway, that’s my update. I’m excited to be back and to catch up with everyone!