The creative juices just aren’t flowing right now. The weather is perfect. It’s day two of quarantine and, honestly, I’m already feeling a little stir crazy. I’ve done all of the things on my list, so next up? Reading!
I thought I’d share my TBR list today. I currently have several books from the library waiting to be read on my Kindle. (Pro tip: put your Kindle on airplane mode and you can hoard your books but the library can take the license back. Win-win!)
- What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarity: I’m only a few chapters in, but I’m intrigued. Basically, lady falls of stationary bike, thinks it’s 10 years earlier than it actually is. To the reader, it’s obvious her life has changed a lot in ten years, but she is only slowly realizing it.
- Everything is Figureoutable by Marie Forleo: This is a total personal growth book and I’m loving it. There’s a lot about getting over fear, figuring things out (duh), and I love her writing style.
- The Teacher Wars by Dana Goldstein: Y’all, read this. I’m reading it VERY slowly because I feel like there is a lot to digest (plus I read another book or two in between chapters), but dang, it’s pretty eye opening. It sheds a lot of light on how we got to be where we are with the teaching profession.
In the queue:
- Dear Girls by Ali Wong–She’s so funny. I hope the book is as funny as her standup.
- After the Flood by Kassandra Montag–This was recommended on a list. Need book recs? Check out Modern Mrs. Darcy’s blog. So awesome!
- Veronica Mars by Rob Thomas- I watched a couple episodes while we had Hulu and decided I’d like to try the book. You know, since books are always better.
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith– I’m embarrassed to admit I’ve never read this.
- American Street by Ibi Zoboi–I just read Pride by her and enjoyed it, so I thought I’d give this one a try.
- A Cold Trail by Robert Dugoni–I love this series.
- The Dressmaker’s Gift by Fiona Valpy–I can’t remember why this one is on my list
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harve Ekr–Because people have recommended the crap out of it
- Regretting You by Colleen Hoover–I can’t remember why I chose this one either
These are in no particular order. Whichever one strikes my fancy in the moment is the one I’ll read. Sometimes I start one and decide I’m not in the mood and try another one until I find the right fit. Then I go back to the other later. My system is messy but it works for me. 🙂
Happy reading in quarantine everyone! I’ll be on the deck in this perfect 75º weather.