Today has been a struggle. I have waaaaay too many things in my brain.
Here’s what is going through my brain:
- What should we do about summer reading? What books should juniors have to read? What should the assessment look like?
- How do I want to change English 11 next year? The options are endless. Where do I start?
- How will I occupy myself during the ACT tomorrow. I already want to die just thinking about it, and the thought of staring at test takers for four hours is just painful.
- Do I want to leave teaching? How do I decide? How will I know if I’ve made the right decision? Will I know? What would I do?
- What if I could be an instructional coach? That would be so awesome, but it’d be really hard with all the naysayers on our faculty. I think I could be really helpful to people; I have a lot of ideas and resources.
- How do I decide what I need to teach and what I don’t? I don’t mean standards, I mean content. English has a LOT of potential. I need a better process.
- Why do we even make the kids take the ACT? It’s so boring.
- My stomach hurts. Can I make it through kickboxing? Am I making up excuses not to go? I was going to go yesterday and then I didn’t. So I promised I would go tonight but now I feel yucky. Is it in my head or is it real. Ugh. Why do I hate working out so much? I want to like it. Actually, I DO like it. I just don’t like going to it.
- I watched almost all of the first season of Broadchurch this weekend but I have about 20 minutes left in the last episode. I wish I could watch it right now while my student teacher is leading my kiddos through their final ACT prep. It’s hard to sit and listen to the same thing three times a day.
- Do I want tacos for dinner? I can’t decide. We had spaghetti last night. It was delicious. Tacos just sounds like a lot of work, but it is Tuesday.
- How can I make more money? Like, what side hustles would I like? Can I make money writing? I have made a little bit (guest posting), but I would like to do more of that. Or proofreading/editing. Or maybe teaching summer school this summer. Yuck.
That’s almost everything and now I have to go and try to sort out my thoughts and such.