I love to sleep. I like to go to bed earlyish and get up earlyish (only because I have to). I’m kind of cranky if I don’t get to bed early, if my sleep gets disturbed, or if I don’t get enough sleep. I’m a light sleeper and it’s hard for me to sleep in new places (hotels, for example).
Mostly because I am the pickiest sleeper ever.
I feel bad when I travel with people (like I am right now) because I have so many requirements:
- I need sound, preferably loud sound. I sleep with a really loud fan at home, so when I travel I need the sound machine on my phone. That’s not cool for some people, so then I have to wear headphones and that isn’t comfortable for me.
- I need it to be cold. Like, freeze you out of here cold. Otherwise I get hot and start tossing and turning and complaining and sighing.
- I need a bathroom nearby. If I wake up and think I need to go, then I cannot get back to sleep. Last summer on a riding trip we stayed in a little cabin that was FAR away from the bathroom. It was not cool.
- I move a lot. I wake up a lot and once I wake up I get all antsy and have to switch positions. And then do it again. And again.
- I prefer my specific pillow and a puffy blanket.
- I hate top sheets–they get all tangled around my feet and that makes me CRAZY.
- I need it to be dark, pitch black dark. Confession: I cover even the tiny light on the TV and even clock must be covered. Funny story: When I went to LA with my cousin, sister, and sister-in-law a couple years ago, my SIL and I shared a room because we’re both high maintenance sleepers. That room was SO bright in the morning that when my SIL woke up, she found me with shorts over my head to block out the light. Embarrassing, but oh so true.
So I’m lying here after a terrible night of semi-sleep hoping my roomies will agree to go to bed earlier tonight.
This is probably the highest maintenance area of my life. I’m a particular person,but usually my needs don’t really affect others. Sleeping, however, is a different story!
What area of your life are you ridiculously high maintenance in??