School starts next week. So, of course, I’m feeling overwhelmed and a little sad.
I had so many goals for my summer, and you know how many I accomplished?
Don’t get me wrong, I had a fabulous summer with two great trips, some riding, some reading, some relaxing. Just none of it felt like enough. I need about two to three more weeks of those things.
Georgie has finally gotten to the point where I don’t feel like I have to watch him like a hawk 24/7, so I can accomplish things around the house, spend time planning or whatever. For most of the summer I spent my time watching him. Making sure he wasn’t peeing on the floor or eating my shoes. But now I feel like I wasted most of my summer and I have no time to catch up.
Ugh. I’m being whiny, so let me take a moment to highlight what was GOOD about my summer:
- We got a puppy (somewhat of a curse but also a huge blessing)
- I spent two weeks in Michigan with my family who I miss so much
- We went to Sandals in Antigua for a week (full review coming soon) and booked two more trips, one to Nassau in December and one to Great Exuma in July. So I have a trip to look forward at the end of each semester. Yay!
- I did get to ride (if not as often as I’d like), including a night spent on an awesome trip with girlfriends.
- I got to spend a little time at friends’ pools.
- I shared many a meal with friends who I don’t get to see often during the school year.
- I got to stay up late and sleep in (okay, not very often)
I have a few days left and I want to make the most of them.
Eek! I’ll be back soon!
One thought on “Summer’s Over”
I have the same mixed feelings about going back. I never quite get to all the things on my summer to do list either. Just thankful for the time to relax and spend time with family. Hope you have a great year!
LikeLiked by 1 person