In the last two hours I have…
- gotten off the Amtrack in New Orleans
- gotten 30 kids plus three chaperones onto a streetcar
- taken nine boys to find dinner…gotten lost…walked in giant circle and
- eaten at Popeye’s. Yep, we came all the way to New Orleans to eat Popeye’s for dinner.
- checked out the gym to satisfy my illusion that I might work out in the morning
- almost forgotten to post
- put my jammies on
Now it’s time to go check on the 18 girls we have with us to make sure they’re in their rooms and not sneaking around New Orleans (lord, help us and give them enough sense not to do that).
I had half a “before that” post written on the train, but I just don’t have the brain power to finish. I almost broke my posting streak and that would have broken my heart.
Goodnight from NOLA!
I’m trying to write for 31 days straight with the Slice of Life challenge from Two Writing Teachers. Wish me luck!